• To make people aware of RTI and
To hold seminars and other programs for the benefits of RTI and
To keep the members of the society and people updated regarding
the rules and amendments of the RTI Act from time to time.
To help the people in Drafting RTI Application and guide them
about RTI and also personally.
• To create a sense of brother hood, co-operation, mutual
harmony, love and affection amongst the members of the society
and also amongst the general public.
IS RTI ?
The Indian Right to Information Act (RTI Act) was passed by the
Indian Parliament on 15 June 2005. It came into effect on 12 October
2005. Supreme Court of India had, in several Judgments prior to
enactment of the RTI Act, interpreted Indian Constitution to read
Right to Information as the Fundamental Right as embodied in Right
to Freedom of Speech and Expression and also in Right to Life.
RTI Act laid down a procedure to guarantee this right. Under this
law all Government Bodies or Government funded agencies have to
designate a Public Information Officer (PIO). The PIO's responsibility
is to ensure that information requested is disclosed to the petitioner
within 30 days or within 48 hours in case of information concerning
the life or liberty of a person. The law was inspired by previous
legislation from select states (among them Tamil Nadu (1997),
Goa (1997), Rajasthan (2000), Karnataka (2000), Delhi (2001),
Maharashtra (2002) etc) that allowed the right to information
(to different degrees) to citizens about activities of any State
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT RTI
Who can ask for information under Right to Information ?
• How to write an RTI Application ?
• How to submit a RTI Application ?
• Download the Sample RTI Application
• What is the time limits under which you will get the
• How to write First Appeal under RTI ?
• How to File a Second Appeal under RTI ?
• How to make a COMPLAINT under RTI Act ?
• From Which organization of Government I cannot get Information
• Where can I Read the decisions of Central Information